Blanke Permat is a sheet membrane that provides superior strength and uncoupling properties in tile flooring installations. This tile underlayment is extremely easy to install with a modified thinset mortar. In fact, Permat is stable to walk on during installation, and does not require additional curing time when installing tile. Permat also adds support to wood substrates, thereby reducing deflection and providing greater compression and tensile strength than plastic tile underlayment roll products.
- Strengthens wood substrates
- Reduces vertical subfloor movement (deflection)
- Superior compressive strength
- Superior tensile strength
- Crack isolation properties (uncoupling)
- Superior resistance to delamination during installation
- No extended cure time for latex modified thinset mortars under porcelain tile
- Lightweight; easy to install
- Self-seaming panels prevent substrate movement stress from transmitting to tiled surface
- 1/8" thick
- Permanent Support of high quality floorings - ex: stone, marble
- Assures HIGHEST protection for your construction project
- Top Mesh: Extruded twisted strands of highly alkali resistant glass fiber heat welded to the lower layer of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) mesh.
- Bottom Mesh: Extruded twisted strands of HDPE
- Fabric Material: Polypropylene fleece
- Thickness: Approx 3.3mm (1/8")
Plywood or OSB Subfloors
- Joists spaced 16" o.c. and 19.2" o.c. : Minimum 3/4" thick subfloor
- Joists spaced 24" o.c.: Minimum 3/4" thick subfloor plus second layer of 3/8" thick plywood or OSB
- Permat provides excellent protection against damage caused by stress cracks and lateral movement typically found in cement substrates.
- Permat has a 10-year warranty against damage caused by excessive vertical subfloor movement (deflection), the only such warranty in the industry.
- 195 square feet per carton, 30 sheets per carton.
- 1 sheet is 6.5 square feet. Each sheet of Permat is 2' x 3' 2".
For installation instructions - Click Here
Please choose whether you want to order by single sheets or by the full carton with the options above.